260 GES ICT coordinators to train teachers on the usage of the laptops – Dr. Bawumia

By | February 19, 2022


The Vice president of the Republic of Ghana H.E Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia has disclosed that the management of the Ghana Education Service has trained 260 ICT coordinators to train teachers on how to integrate new technology in the classroom using the TM1 laptops.

According to Dr. Bawumia, his outfit in collaboration with the management of the Ghana Education Service and the various teacher unions has distributed TM1 one laptops to teachers in the country to realize the digital agenda of this country.

Dr. Bawumia said he has been reliably informed that the majority of teachers in the senior high school have received their laptops. About 80% of the teachers in the senior high school have received their laptops leaving just 20% of the teachers in the senior high schools.

Dr. Bawumia said less than three months since the launch of the one teacher one laptop program, about 80% of the laptops available has been distributed to high school teachers. Put that aside, the Vice president noted that the remaining 20% and teachers in the junior high schools, primary schools, and kindergarten will receive theirs in 2022.

The Vice president further explained that the NPP government and the Ghana Education Service have trained 260 IT coordinators which will provide technical support to all teachers in pre-tertiary schools.

“We have also assured that our teachers will receive the technical support they need, with 260 GES District IT coordinators having been trained to help them integrate new technology into the classroom.” Dr. Bawumia said

READ:  Check the fate of Ghanaian basic schools as it stands now.

He however stated that the introduction of the one teacher one laptop initiative by the NPP government is a success

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *