Home Education 280,000 laptops to be giving to these groups of teachers – Pres....

280,000 laptops to be giving to these groups of teachers – Pres. Akufo Addo

0


At the beginning of this year, it was known to teachers in this country that Government will be giving out laptops to teachers to help facilitate their work and also to improve teaching and learning in the schools.

In the delivery of the state of the Nation Address, 2021, the president of the Republic of Ghana H.E Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo Addo stated it clearly that Government is facilitating the delivery of laptops to teachers to help improve teaching and learning in the country.

“Government is facilitating 280,000 laptops to be giving to Ghana National association of teachers (GNAT), National Association of Graduate Teachers (NAGRAT) and the Coalition of concern Teachers (CCT-GH) this year,” he said

He said that Government is on course to ensure that teachers are prioritizing to enable them to carry on with their duties successfully.

Background

January this year 2021 government in collaboration with the various teacher unions promises to provide each teacher with a branded laptops that will contain teachers’ resources pack, termly and weekly scheme of work, lessons plans, students’ resources pack to enable teachers to implement the new curriculum effectively.

The government promise to pay 70% of the cost of these laptops and teachers paying the remaining 30% of the price of the laptops but this somehow made some teachers raise concerns saying that if the government is trying to facilitate their work then the government should just pay all the cost of the laptops and not asking teachers to pay part. Some of the teachers called a cheat.

READ:  There are a lot of challenges in Ghana basic school level- Dr. Adutwum

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here