Management of the Ghana Education Service inter-Regional and inter/intra-district release and transfer or reposting of teachers in basic schools is done at the end of every academic year in order not to distract the flow of teaching and learning.
According to the management of the Ghana Education Service, since the academic year has been changed and now begins in January and ends in December the release and transfer or reposting process cannot begin at the usual time.
Due to this change in the academic calendar, the reposting (release and transfer) process will now commence on 1st August and take effect in January.
• issuance of assurance letter will now take effect in August
• completed application for inter-Regional reposting should reach the GES headquarters before 30th September, 2022
Note. A teacher seeking reposting can only be release after the Director-General has approved and issued an approval letter for the teacher’s release.
Process for intra-district transfers. 2022/2023 academic year
• an applicant seeking a district reposting will have to write to his/her district director and attach his/her current payslip, personal record form, and bank clearance. In the letter, the applicant indicates his/her willingness to move from his/her current school to another school within the same district.
• The district director then issues an assurance letter or otherwise to the applicants.
Process for inter-district reposting. 2022/2023 academic year
• an applicant seek assurance from a district of choice where vacancies exit
• the receiving district director issues an assurance letter to the applicants or otherwise
• after securing the assurance letter, the applicant writes to his/ her current district seeking reporting or release.
• the district director then forward the application letter and inter-regional reposting form (as well as other necessary documents like current payslip, personal record form, bank clearance, and certificates ) with a covering letter to the regional director for approval.
• after the approval by the regional director, the district director releases the applicant to complete the reposting process.
Note: all approved reposting will take effect in January 2023.
Process for inter Regional reposting or release and transfers 2022/2023 academic year.
• an applicant seeks assurance from his/her region of choice through the district/municipal/metro directors of Education.
• regional director issues an assurance letter or otherwise to the applicant
• after securing your assurance letter, the applicant then applies for reposting or release from his or her current district.
• the current district director forward the application letter and inter-regional reposting form (As well as other necessary documents like current payslip, Bank clearance, certificates, and personal record form) with a covering letter to the regional director.
• the regional director then forward all documents with the covering letter to the Director-General for final approval.
After the Director General’s approval, the regional director then issues an assurance letter to the applicant to complete with reposting process.
No applicant shall be released unless the Director-General of Ghana Education Service has given final approval.
Note: all approved reposting (release or transfer) process takes effect in January 2023.
visite this page regularly for all updates on this year’s GES reposting (release and transfers). Share to friends. Give us a comment on the comments section for feedback.
Related article : Documents needed for GES Reposting