Home Education Gov’t prioritizing the welfare of teachers. Pres. Akufo Addo

Gov’t prioritizing the welfare of teachers. Pres. Akufo Addo

2


H.E President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo Addo stated that his government has always been prioritizing the welfare of teachers since his entering office in 2017, he stated that his government on considering the welfare of teachers are now paying teachers professional allowance to both teaching and non-teaching staff of the Ghana education services.

The president of the Republic of Ghana H.E Pres. Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo Addo on the state of the nation address (SONA2021) confirmed the decision of the government facilitating the distribution of laptops to Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT), National Association of Graduate Teachers (NAGRAT), and Coalition of Concern Teachers Ghana (CCT-GH).

The president further acknowledges teachers as the centre of every reforms. Adding that “prioritizing the welfare of teachers remains the key objectives of this government.”

some of the teacher unions in the country have supported the idea of the government providing laptops and also prioritize the welfare of teachers, they said they waiting to see the effective roll-out of the policies of the government in supporting teachers with their daily activities.

They further added that they understand the laptops are going to be loaded with materials needed for effective delivery of teachers’ lessons in the schools. So it is a nice idea for them as the laptops will be giving to them this year.

The Ghana education services said teachers are going to fill an acknowledgment form of their particulars indicating their acceptance of receiving the laptops.

Ges earlier made a statement that Government will pay 70% of the cost of these laptops and teachers who are the beneficiaries will pay the remaining 30% of the cost of the laptops.

READ:  2 major issues that the majority of teachers expect GNAT executives to fulfill this year to boost teachers' trust in them.

2 COMMENTS

  1. This is a good plan taking over and we pray it shall be delivered.#mr president good bless you and keep you in your office thank you.

  2. This is a good plan taking over and we pray it shall be delivered.#mr president. God bless you and keep you in your office thank you.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here