Management of the Ghana Education Service has officially announced new guidelines for study leave with pay to their in-service teachers.
According to GES, for any member of the Ghana Education Service to benefit from the above-mentioned content, he or she must be eligible by satisfying the following requirements;
- Applicant must serve three (3) years after completing College of Education
- GES staff who served two years in deprived district/school, is eligible.
- The qualified applicant must pursue an approved course as determined by the Director General of the Ghana Education Service.
- GES Staff pursuing second and third degrees do not qualify for study with pay but could pursue sandwich or distance programmes.
- Teachers who have attained the rank of Principal Superintendent through sandwich and Distance courses do not qualify for study leave with pay.
- GES staff who are fifty-five years and above do not qualify for study leave with pay.
THE EFFECTS OF STUDY LEAVE WITHOUT PAY
- Loss of salary and SSNIT contribution
- Denial of outright posting after course.
- Challenges of re-engagement, especially through replacement where a staff number is required. TOR (HRM)
- Denial of promotion while in school.
- Years in school not counted as years of service
Eligible applicants are to obtain the study leave with pay forms at the Registry.
CLOSING DATE: All completed forms should reach the Municipal Education Office (Training Officer’s Desk) on or before Friday, 17th June, 2022 for onward submission to the Regional Directorate.