The management of the Three major teacher unions GNAT, NAGRAT, and CCTGH declared an indefinite strike starting from 4th November 2022 due to the appointment of a new Director General of Ghana Education Service which they described as unqualified for the position.
Our team has dug into the qualification level and teaching experience level that qualifies one to hold the position of Director General of Ghana Education Service.
To provide advisory and managerial support for the achievement of the mandate of the Ghana Education Service
• Direct the day-to-day administration of the Ghana Education Service;
• Ensure implementation or decisions of the Ghana Education Service Council,
• Appoint Regional Directors and Ghana Education Service Headquarters staff in consultation>with the Ghana Education Service Council;
• Advise the Minister of Education on Pre-Tertiary education policy issues;
• Coordinate the management of second-cycle institutions;
• Coordinate the management of Senior High School placements;
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Minister/Ghana
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum Master’s Degree in education or a related field from an accredited tertiary institution or related field
• Minimum of fifteen (15) years post-qualification relevant work experience in reputable institutions, agent (8) years of which should be in a senior management position; teaching experience would be an advantage
• Must pass a competitive selection interview conducted by the Public Services Commission in consultation with the Ghana Education Service Council.
MODE OF ENTRY
• At least five (5) years in the grade of Director;
• Satisfactory staff performance assessment report;
• Must pass a competitive selection interview conducted by the Public Services
Commission in consultation with Ghana Education Service Council
By external advertisement and competitive interview based on the qualifications stated above.
This is a terminal grade
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
• Relevant professional training:
• Gender training
• People management skills,
• Strategic and general management
Executive Course in Public Administration.