Home Education Some teachers have called the National president of NAGRAT to clarify the...

Some teachers have called the National president of NAGRAT to clarify the concerns raised by MOE on the TM1 laptops

0


Some teachers have called on the president of the National Association of Graduate Teachers NAGRAT, Mr. Angel Carbonu to come out and explain to them how he miraculously came with the price of the laptops which is different from the ministry of Education’s price.

According to the Ministry of Education, in September 2020, the leadership of the three teacher Unions with membership strength of 350,000 sought funding support from the Government of Ghana through the Ministry of Education (MoE) for the procurement and distribution of 350000 laptops computers for its members.

Following the extensive financial requirement of the project, a cost-sharing between the Teacher Unions and MoE was proposed by the teacher Unions in which the MoE was to contribute 70% of the total cost whilst the remaining 30% is to be absorbed by the teacher Unions. This directly means that the teacher unions agreed to use their member’s dues to pay the 30% and not from the teacher’s salary or Professional allowance.

The ministry also alleges that a request for approval to use the Single-Sourced procurement process to engage Technologies Ghana Limited (a company engaged by the teacher unions) for the Supply of the laptop computers was made on the 17h of November 2020 by the then Minister for Education Hon. Dr. Mathew Opoku Prempeh. Some teachers also believe that the teacher unions were allowed to choose a brand of laptops they needs meanwhile Angel Carbonu the president of NAGRAT said they did not have the right to choose the laptop they want.

READ:  3 SHSs deny admission to Abu Yahaya because he is an ex-convict.

The ministry further stated that an approval to use a Single-Sourced procurement method to engage KA Technologies for the supply of the computers at a unit cost of GH¢1550 by Section 40(1) (d) of Act 663 as amended was communicated to the Ministry in a letter dated 20 November 2020.

Meanwhile Angel Carbonu in a letter dated 6th September 2021 stated that the breakdown of the price of the laptops are as follows:Government GH¢1282.03 for the 70%
Teachers GH¢549.44 for the 30%
Total. GH¢1831.47 as 100% cost of the laptop.

Now teachers want Angel Carbonu the National president of NAGRAT to come out and tell them where he had the unit price of the laptop for teachers to be GH¢1831.47. They complained that the cheat on Teachers by teacher unions is worrying and disgusting.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here