Home Education Teachers to demonstrate against their union leaders for the actual price of...

Teachers to demonstrate against their union leaders for the actual price of the Laptops

0


Innovative Teachers is calling on all teachers in the pre-tertiary institutions to reject the Laptops to register their displeasure in the cost of the one teacher one laptop because they feel the Teacher unions leaders are plotting to cheat their members.

When this Laptops issue first came into the limelight, Teachers were told the price of each Laptop is GH¢1,550 of which Teachers, were supposed to pay 30%, and the government, will pay the remaining 70%.

After the launch of the one teacher one laptop initiative on 3rd September 2021 by the vice president Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia at St Mary’s senior high school campus in Accra, the National Association of Graduate Teachers NAGRAT issue a statement stating that the price of the Laptop is GH¢1831.47 and Teachers will paying GH¢549.44 representing the 30% and government will be paying GH¢1282.03 representing the 70%.

Mr. Angel Carbonu the president of NAGRAT reaffirmed the price on a phone call to Asempa FM yesterday 7th of September 2021.

But the Deputy Minister of Education, Reverend John Ntim Fordjour speaking to the citinewsroom face-to-face program to Umaru Sanda Amadu reconfirm the earlier rumors that the price of the Laptop is GH¢1,550. This is not tallying with what NAGRAT is saying that the price of the Laptop is GH¢1831.47.

This is a total cheat to the ordinary teacher by the Teacher unions leaders and Teachers must have to fight for this unfair treatment. Teachers cannot be maltreatment by their union leaders. The demonstration against the teacher union leaders on this Laptops issue must be intensified.

READ:  When are the proposed laptops for teachers coming?

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here