The National Association of Graduate Teachers NAGRAT has disclosed the actual cost of the Teacher Mate (TM1) for Teachers. This is contained in a letter signed by the Eric Agbe Carbonu and intercepted by Educegh.com
The One Teacher One Laptop Project is the intervention of the Three (3) Teacher Unions GNAT, NAGRAT and CCT-GH
The three Teacher Unions suggested to the government to provide Laptops to all Teachers to aid in the effective teaching through the application and use of ICT. The government through the Ministry of Education and the Ghana Education Service, heeded to the call of the three Teacher Unions to provide Laptops under the following conditions and terms:
- That government will facilitate the acquisitions of the Laptops
- That GES will ensure effective distribution of the Laptops 3. That there will be cost sharing as follows
a. Government paying 70%
b. Teacher paying 30%
- That the Teacher’s 30% component will not be deducted from the Teacher’s salary but paid through the professional allowance allocations.
- That the computers provided become the property of the individual teacher.
- That is the company KA. Technology provides training and after-sale service to the teachers.
The breakdown of the prices are as follows:
Government GHc1,282.03 _ 70%
Teacher : GH¢ 549.44 _ 30%
Total : GHe1,831.47 _100%
The Teachers Mate 1 laptop Distribution to various Regions and Districts Education offices begins Next week.
Distribution of the Laptops to Teachers at the Junior High School (JHS) shall begin next week after the distribution to the Regional and district education offices is done.
This shall be followed by teachers at the Primary and Kindergarten levels.
The distribution to all teachers is to be completed by November 2021.