Home Education What actually are Teachers going to use the Laptops for? – A...

What actually are Teachers going to use the Laptops for? – A Plus questioned Government

0


Mr. Kwame Asare Obeng the leader of The People Project (TPP) has questioned the government on what they want Teachers in pre-tertiary schools across the country to use the Laptops for? When the school children do not have textbooks after 2 years of the introduction of the new curriculum.

The Government of Ghana introduced a new curriculum in the last 2years and up till now, there are no textbooks for Teachers to implement the new curriculum. Teachers in the pre-tertiary schools have continued to complain about the lack of textbooks affecting their lesson delivery in their Schools. But their complaints have fallen on a rock.

On 3rd September 2021, the vice president Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia launched the one-teacher one laptop initiative at St Mary’s senior high school in Accra and promise that Teachers from kindergarten to senior high school level will receive a laptop each.

But Mr. Kwame Asare Obeng popularly known as A-Plus took on his Facebook page and questioned the government on what will Teachers use the Laptops for when children in their schools do not have textbooks.

According to the National Association of Graduate Teachers NAGRAT, the actual cost of the Laptops is GH¢1831.49. with the government paying 70% and the teacher paying the remaining 30% which will be deducted from their professional allowance that will be paid this year.

READ:  Follow these tips as a teacher to manage your time effectively in your class.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here